I have been doing Christmas things this weekend. Still knitting a couple of gifts I can't show yet, but soon. Yesterday I sewed 3 scarfs from materials I ordered from Spool Sewing, I made the Raspberry, Pepermint, and Heather ones. I think I will be giving away at least one of them as a present. But after putting them together, washing, and drying them, I love all of them. Going to be hard to decide which one or two give away.
I made new gift tags for this year's local gifts, the fudge, cookies, and breads for friends and co-workers. They were super easy and I got to use glitter--- it is all about the glitter on the tree so they look like shimmering snow under bright lights. Now sure that shows as well in the photo.
Just pick out two contrasting colors of card stock or 65# paper.
- Cut them into 2-inch squares.
- Punch with your choice of punch design. I used a punch from Punch Bunch purchased at a big-box craft store.
- Place clear tape on the back of the space created by the punch (see photo -- sorry for the fuzzies).
- Paste the other 2-inch square to the back of the punched square.
- The glitter will take on the color of whatever color you use for the back. For this I used white paper and an ordinary glue stick to adhere the back paper.
- Next, sprinkle glitter over the front of the punched area, so that it will stick to the tape. The glitter I used is Hero Arts, PG 104 -- Prizma Glitter.
- Shake off the extra glitter.
- If you want to tie the tag onto a package, punch a hole in the corner and add a ribbon or string tie. I used ribbon, but on some I will use green Divine Twine.
What are you making for Christmas fun?